Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 11, 2011

Smoothie For Judy

My family and I just got back from our spring break vacation.  It was a nice relaxing trip, but it's good to get back into the old routine.  It's really nice to get back into my kitchen!  Vacations and eating out are nice, but I know I miss a home cooked meal after a while.  Cooking for yourself healthier and is souls satisfying.  This recipe isn't something you cook, but it's a good one to have in your repertoire.  In my post for banana bread muffins, I mentioned using frozen bananas in a smoothie.  I then had a request for a smoothie recipe, so here ya go!  This is a good one for the upcoming warm summer months.

Smoothie

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen fruit - anything will work, I used raspberries and pineapple
  • 1 individual cup of Greek yogurt - again any flavor will work, I used plain
  • 2 cups milk or one cup of milk and one cup of orange juice
  • handful of ice
  • agave nectar to taste, depending on sweetness of your fruit

Add ingredients to blender and blend away!!
You can do any combination of fruits or yogurt.  You can even add protein powder for some extra nutrients.  You may need more or less liquid, depending on the fruit, also.  Don't be afraid to experiment.  I make my smoothies different every time.  : )


~*~ Melissa ~*~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa!
    I use protein powder and Almond milk in mine and they are yummy and I feel satisfied all morning. And yes, the frozen banana idea works so great! You're a genius!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Judy! You figured out how to comment and made an awesome smoothie! I'm glad it worked out. The banana adds sweetness also, so if your fruit is ripe, you don't even need to add any other sweetner. <3

    ReplyDelete