Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

So, I'm totally not the kind of person who makes a birthday cake for her dog. I love her and everything, but she is a dog, not my child. We bought Lola from a breeder, so we know her exact birthday. She happens to share her big day with my step-mother. (Happy birthday Connie!)Kids love to celebrate birthdays, so when it was Lola's big day, my youngest suggested we go out and buy her a new toy. I really didn't want to leave the house (lazy pj day) and the last thing we need around here is another dog toy. I suggested we make her some dog treats instead. I hoped could find a recipe. Wow-once I started looking, I found tons of recipes, for not only treats, but dog food and kibble. I am thinking of making my own dog food all the time. Lola LOVES my cooking. No complaining from her!! Anyway, I learned a lot, and I think it can be inexpensive and it's definitely healthier. For now, here are some peanut butter biscuits~
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

  • 2 c whole wheat flour
  • 1 c quick cooking oats
  • 2 tbsp flax seed
  • 1/4 c peanut butter
  • 1 1/4 c water

  1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. mix flour, oats and flax seed
  3. add peanut butter and water
  4. knead dough on lightly floured surface, adding more flour as necessary
  5. roll out dough and cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a pizza cutter
  6. bake for 20 minutes and turn oven off
  7. leave biscuits in the oven until they are cool

*Jasmine-Thanks for the tip to use a pasta machine to make the cracker dough thin enough! I'm excited to try that next time I make cheese crackers. :o)

xoxo

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I’m going to have to share this great recipe on my facebook and twitter!

    ReplyDelete