Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm alive...

Ugh. Thanks for still coming by, that is if anyone is still coming by... I have been feeling so uninspired lately. I've had some personal things going on, that I can't address on here, but I'm ok. I haven't even uploaded my Christmas pictures until now. That is so unlike me. I had a pretty good Christmas though, how about you?
I want to start getting some recipes up here, but the things I have been making lately, I'm not very proud of. I did make a nice soup tonight with veggies, chicken broth, smoked sausage and pasta. It's nothing that requires a recipe, just carrots, onion, garlic and celery sauteed in olive oil, add sausage, Mexican oregano, salt and pepper and a splash of wine. Mexican oregano is my favorite spice to use lately. Anyway, you let that cook for a few, then add the chicken stock, a small can of tomato sauce and some fresh spinach and parsley. I cooked the pasta separately, so it didn't get soggy. Add the pasta to the soup and some grated parmesan and you're good to go. I didn't have very good luck trying to take a picture of it. I gave up because I was hungry. There is no cheese in this picture. You could leave it out, but you know I love my cheese.

Anyway, as most of us do, I overindulged during the holidays. Now, I have joined a gym again and am trying to start 2010 in a healthy way. (the smoked sausage was turkey sausage 5g of fat per serving) So, the recipes I will be featuring on here will be mostly healthy-ish things. I am going to resume Sweet Melissa Sundays as well. That will be my weekly indulgence. I can't cut out ALL sweets!!

And this is Pipsqueak. Thanks to a call from my friend, Christine, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Zhu Zhu pet for my son for Christmas. At first, it was one of those toys that was fun for a few minutes and then pushed aside. Then we made a house for them (we have 4 now), and furniture. All those years of making Barbie furniture finally paid off! We have a lego couch and a bed made out of a small pillow, a tv and even a garage! The kids and I have had fun playing with the Zhu Zhu pets and making new things for them.
So, I hope you continue to stop by here. I will not have new posts up every day or every other day, but I will be posting regularly again. I have missed my blog! Happy New Year!!!!!
Melissa
xoxo p.s. My marshmallow wreath fell off the door and broke in to three pieces. I almost cried I was so sad! I'm thinking of making one for spring with the colored marshmallows.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say all you guys the happy new year with all the blessings of God.

    ReplyDelete