Here is the feta bread recipe I promised you and also the most delicious bruschetta I've ever eaten! We went and saw Julie and Julia again, while we were on our trip, and if you've seen it, you'll know why I had to make bruschetta. It's so, so good. Fresh picked roma tomatoes from my garden just made it that much tastier!
- 1 pizza crust (dough)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- dried parsley
- 3 c mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese
- preheat oven to 500 degrees
- brush pizza dough with butter
- par bake pizza crust for 3-4 minutes -try NOT to brown the crust
- add garlic and 2 tsp dried parsley to melted butter
- cover pizza crust with feta, then mozzarella
- here's the good part-pour the rest of the butter all over the pizza dough-on top of the mozzarella
- bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden
- Italian bread-I used 9 grain
- roma tomatoes-less liquid and seeds!
- fresh basil
- good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- vinegar-I used salad vinegar because I am out of balsamic
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a pan
- brown bread in pan, on both sides, adding more oil when you flip it over
- rub hot bread on both sides with the clove of garlic
- chop tomatoes, chives and basil and place in a bowl
- add about 1/2 T vinegar, a tiny bit of salt and pepper to taste, to the tomatoes
- put tomato mixture on toasted bread slices
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Try this one. Really, try it. It's so simple and fresh. It tastes like summer.
Coming up, I have a request for burritos, so I'm working on that. I have some surprises up my sleeve for this one, so be sure to check back for it. Also, I really want to make a souffle. I've never made one before and they are so elegant, I just want to make one. I have high hopes it will be beautiful. ;o) Any suggestions on what kind of souffle I should make? cheese? crab? bacon? some sort of combination? What sounds good to you? What flavor combination are you in the mood for? Okay, well, that's all for now. Au revoir.