Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beef Noodles Romanoff

Ok, so I've never made noodles romanoff before. Actually, I never even heard of it until about a week ago. I was looking for recipe ideas to use what I already had in the house and found it. I decided that I would try it tonight. When I made my menu plan on Sunday, I made a grocery list that included all of the ingredients that I would need to make everything on my list, so I knew I had everything. So, usually, when I find a recipe online that I want to try, I bookmark it. Then, I set the laptop on the counter and start cooking. Well, tonight, when I went to look for the recipe, I couldn't find it. I Googled it and most recipes that I found called for tomato sauce, which I don't have today. Plus, I already went to the store today (for 2 things) and came out with five bags -not plastic bags either, five reusable totes! Anyway, I decided to just make up my own thing and use bits from all of the recipes that I saw, and added things that I like. I really liked how it turned out. It is really a comfort-y food. It reminds me a little of stroganoff. The kids liked it. They even ate the hidden veggies in it. D isn't home yet, but I'm sure he will like it. I will be pretty mad if he dumps a bottle of hot sauce on it, though. I'm just sayin'....
Beef Noodles Romanoff

  • 1 package egg noodles
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1/2 pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • seasoning salt
  • red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 c ketchup
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1 8 oz package cream cheese
  • 1/2 c cottage cheese
  • 1 tsp djon mustard
  • handful fresh parsley
  • handful fresh chives
  • 2 c cheddar cheese
  • 10-15 cherry tomatoes quartered
  • salt and pepper

- brown ground beef , while cooking, add chopped onion, pepper and garlic

- sprinkle with seasoning salt and red pepper flake

- drain off any fat

- add ketchup to meat and reduce heat to low

- boil noodles in salted water according to directions

- in a bowl, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, mustard, parsley, chives, salt and pepper (I used a hand mixer to make it smooth)

- drain noodles when done and return to hot pot

- add meat mixture, then cheese mixture to noodles

- pour beef and noodles into a 9x13 casserole dish

- sprinkle with cheddar cheese

- cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes

- top with tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes

xoxo

Melissa

1 comment: